After the splurge of the holidays, mindsets change from spending to saving. If you’re wanting to start saving and living a frugal lifestyle but feel you will not enjoy life. Think again! Being frugal isn’t boring. You can still live comfortably, enjoy life and be frugally fabulous.
This is one of the first expense items people cut when they want to be frugal. But there are ways you can still enjoy movies and entertainment and be frugal.
Free Concerts and Live Music in the Park
Free Concerts and Live Music in the Park is a new way to experience the arts and build community. Some bring in renowned artists to perform. Although seasonal, check out your local Chamber of Commerce website for information on events in your area.
Score free tickets online with 1iota.com. You can request free tickets to featured shows on 1iota.com. Simply go online and view the shows they have free tickets for and place in a request.
Contest for Free Concert Tickets
Win free concert tickets by entering in iHeart Radio’s Contest page. The page is updated with new contests to some of the music industry’s biggest shows.
Become a Seat Filler
Sign up to become a Seat Filler on SeatStir.com. How it works is SeatStir has 3 level memberships. The cheapest is a year membership for $90 a month for 2 tickets per event. You can attend an unlimited number of events throughout the year. Receive tickets to live comedy, music and theatre shows.
Buy Discounted Tickets on Facebook Marketplace
Haggle your way to a great deal on tickets on Facebook Marketplace. Simply search for tickets in the marketplace and contact the vendor. Be sure to check the authenticity of the tickets and get the best deal!
Going to the movies is always a fun pastime for many. However, movie tickets and snacks are expensive. Here are some tips to be frugal at the movie theatre.
- AMC Theatres has $5 Ticket Tuesdays. This is a great deal and although not prime time to go on Tuesdays, it’s still a treat to enjoy movies at a very discounted price.
- For Frequent Movie Goers – If you find that you frequent the movie theatres often then the AMC Stubs A-List is best for you. For $19.99, you are able to see 3 movies a week. A regular adult ticket for the evening is $15.79, making the Stubs A-List pay for itself after just 2 movies.
- Snacks at Theatre – AMC has the Annual Popcorn Bucket for $20.99 and popcorn refills after that are only $4.99.
Food & Drink
Being frugal with food doesn’t mean you have to eat ramen noodles or beans and rice every night. Nope, you can eat well and still be frugal. How you may ask? With meal kits of course!
Competition is fierce between Meal Kit businesses because they know the educated consumer is going to try out a couple of Meal Kits before sticking to one. As a first-time subscriber, your going to get a great deal. Also, you can search the following places for deals.
- Groupon – The best deals I found for Meal Kits is Groupon. Enter in Meal Kits in Groupon Search box and a plethora of discounts to some good meal kit companies pop-up. You can get deals up to 51% off. NOTE: Use your Ebates account for an additional discount on Groupon and get even more money back on your order.
- Living Social – Has similar discounts like Groupon which change regularly. The great deal I found was with Gobble. You can get 1 week of Meals for two people ( 6 Meals Total) for $35. That’s $5.30 per meal!! Plus, use your Ebates activation code and get %4 cash back. Cha-Ching!
- Ebates – With Ebates, you can get $20 off when you shop on Blue Apron. That will bring a meal for 2 people twice a week down to $7.50 per person. Ebates also has discounts for Plated and other Meal Kits.
- My Subscription Addiction – Gives its own reviews on Meal Kit subscriptions and coupons available – only through their site. They have a large selection of Meal Kit brands to choose from.
- The Meal Kit Review.Com – Has reviews of Meal Kits and coupons to use.
- Facebook – Simply search Facebook for Meal Kits in the search bar. Scroll down and you will see Ads for many Meal Kits with discount codes that will be applied when you visit the site.
- Email List – You can always subscribe to a Meal Kit brand and not make a purchase. Believe me, they will email you promotion codes to use. Be strong and wait for the best offer.
Save on Gift Cards with Raise.com
Another way to be frugal at your favorite stores is to purchase gift cards from Raise.com. Before you shop online or in stores, check out the Raise Marketplace to find discounted gift cards to brands such as Target, The Home Depot, and Macy’s. You can also get gift cards to Food & Drink places like Starbucks ( You can save up to 11.6% on gift cards.
Being frugal doesn’t mean can’t enjoy the finer things in life. You just need to be smart on how to go about it. You worked hard for your money, so keep as much of it as you can. Changing small habits can lead to big savings but change takes time and a conscious effort. Don’t think to be frugal is not fun. You can still be frugal and be fabulous!