When I had a Cottage Food Business, this Pistachio Cream Cheese Bread was the best seller. I gave out free samples at my exhibit booth and people would taste it, thinking they would simply walk on by. But they would literally do a double take once their taste buds took over. With utterly moist pistachio bread paired with a decadent cream cheese filling, this Pistachio Cream Cheese Bread is a rich treat, perfectly paired with coffee to begin your morning with a heavenly start.
Note: Below are links to Amazon Affiliate products I have used in this posts. There is no costs to you, but I may receive a commission if you do purchase it. Thank you!
Richness and Amounts
Let me warn you, this is a very, very rich treat! You will see from the ingredients listed, its not something to partake in if you are watching calories or sugar intake. I have made this cake for my mother who has Type 1 diabetes using sugar-free pudding and cake mix (see picture below).
The recipe below will make you 3 large loaves of Pistachio Cream Cheese Bread. The loaves of bread can be frozen and brought back out to thaw at fridge temperature when needed.
Ingredients for Bread
2 Boxes of Butter Recipe Cake Mix – I prefer Duncan Hines Butter Cake
4 Boxes of Pistachio Jello Pudding
1 – 16oz. Of Sour Cream
½ cup of water
1 cup of vegetable oil
Ingredients for Filling
2 Packs of regular cream cheese (room temp.)
2 Tbsp. of Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp of Corn Starch
1 cup of Sugar
- The first thing to make is the Cream Cheese Filling. You will want to mix all of the ingredients together starting with the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and lastly the cornstarch.
2. Next, place the Cream Cheese Filling in the fridge to chill for at least an hour. The filling has to be cold when placing it in the Pistachio bread layers.
3. While the Cream Cheese Filling is chilling, oil and flour your baking loaf pans.
4. For the Pistachio Bread – mix the dry ingredients first, cake mix and pudding.
5. Next, add the eggs, sour cream, water, and oil. Note: It will become difficult to stir for a minute until all the wet ingredients are added.
Layering the Pistachio Bread and Cream Cheese
To layer the Pistachio Bread and cream cheese filling, you need to have a filling cold and chilled for at least an hour. In your oiled and floured large loaf pans, place a 2-inch layer of pistachio mix and then a 1 ½ inch layer of cream cheese mixture. Spread the cream cheese filling over the bottom layer of Pistachio Bread. Next, add the remaining Pistachio Bread layer to the top of the cream cheese layer.
Bake at 325 for dark pans and 350 for light pans for at least 35 – 40 minutes. Use a toothpick to poke to the top when done to ensure its ready. If the toothpick comes out gooey, it needs to cook more.
Products on Amazon that I love to Bake with